Surface Memorandum of Partial Surrender
PDF Version (16 Kb, 2 Pages)
Word Version (29 Kb, 2 Pages)
Indian Oil and Gas Canada
(Section 44 – Indian Oil and Gas Regulations, 1995)
Memorandum of Partial Surrender
to the Government of Canada
IN THE MATTER OF Surface Agreement No.
[OS- ___, TS-___, FS-___, RW-___, TW-___ or FW-___ ]
dated [Date] ("Contract") covering the lands therein described.
The undersigned, as [Lessee or Grantee], in the said Contract, hereby for good and sufficient consideration, unconditionally releases, surrenders and quitclaims unto the Government of Canada, its entire right, title, estate in the lands listed below:
[Describe lands surrendered]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF [Corporate Name] has caused these presents to be executed, this ___ day of __________ 200__.
This surrender is effective as of the ___ day of __________ 200__ ("Effective Date"). (Note: The Effective Date shall be determined by Indian Oil and Gas Canada and is the date surface reclamation is approved).
APPROVED AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE:
GENERAL MANAGER, LAND
INDIAN OIL AND GAS CANADA
- Four originals of the Memorandum of Partial Surrender ("MOPS") must be submitted for approval.
- In accordance with Schedule II of the Indian Oil and Gas Regulations, 1995, a $25.00 fee must be submitted, payable to the Receiver General for Canada.
- Lessee/Grantee shall affix its corporate seal or the signature shall be witnessed by at least one person who is not a party to the Contract, and the attached affidavit of witness completed before a notary public. If executed by power of attorney Lessee/Grantee shall also provide original power of attorney documentation, if not previously provided.
Affidavit of Witness
re: Execution (Signing) of Document
Canada Province of _______________
of the City of ____________________
of the Province of ________________
Make Oath and Say
- That I was personally present and did see the attached instrument duly executed __________________________________________.
- That I know the said party(ies), and that the said party(ies) in my belief is/are the full age of majority for the Province of _______________.
- That I am the subscribing witness to the said instrument.
Signature of Witness __________________________________________.
SWORN before me at the City of _______________, Province of _______________,
this _______________ day of _______________, ___________ .
A Notary Public, or a Commissioner for taking Oaths, in and for the Province of _______________.
My commission expires: _______________.