The negotiations group is involved in subsurface dispositions.
Specific duties of the negotiations group include:
- identifying, developing and promoting disposition options with First Nations to promote and increase exploration and development of First Nations oil and gas resources
- assessing proposals by interested companies against IOGC's disposition policy
- assisting First Nations in reaching agreements with companies by providing negotiation and facilitation expertise to support the negotiation process
- providing information concerning subsurface leasing trends, sales prices and related policies to all interest stakeholders
- providing advice to Treaty Land Entitlement (TLE) First Nations, and working together with various federal and provincial government departments and industry to facilitate the implementation of the TLE process