Subsurface Contracts Group
The Subsurface Contracts group is involved in preparing contracts for subsurface dispositions and in some of the administration of those contracts.
Specific duties of the Subsurface Contracts group include:
- drafting and ensuring the execution of subsurface oil and gas agreements and amendments in accordance with negotiated terms and conditions and with federal government regulations
- monitoring and verifying contractual commitments
- monitoring of First Nation suspense accounts and Directions to Comply for subsurface oil and gas agreements
- coordinating remedial enforcement action for non-compliance issues on subsurface oil and gas agreements
- drafting lease appendices to reflect continuance decisions